Thursday, August 19, 2010

Late summer planting!


I need to go get soil and seeds so I am looking up what I can plant this late in the summer that will still thrive. This is what I have found so far:
  • tomatos (Heatwave, Hawaiian Hybrid, Bingo, Whirlaway, Celebrity and Solar Set. Plant several varieties and see which you like best.
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • cabbage
  • brussel sprouts
  • collards
  • cucumbers
  • kohlrabi lettuce
  • mustard
  • turnips
  • squash (my favorite)
  • lima beans
  • snap peas
On my way to the store for soil and seeds!

3 comments:

  1. You are an all around gal....I can't keep up with how crafty/clever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on this site, but assumed it was someone from Red Butte that created it or something! You are amazing! Why don't you garden and I'll eat?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was in my plan this spring to get grow boxes going to do the square foot garden thing.... life happens and I never got around to doing it. There is always next year. Good luck with your green thumb.

    ReplyDelete